My mother bought this new. Mom always drove a Mustang. She worked and felt she earned it. She did. The Mustang Ghia had hot pink interior and was slick. It wa the best Mustang yet. We called it the "PimpMobile". My g.friends and I drove it to the Westport Missouri Flea Market one weekend; my parents were out of town. All of us took turns at the wheel, only one of us had a license. We reveled in all the traffic violations we didn't get ticketed for. We thought my parents would never know.
I had a few boring months spent at home after that.
So any way ....every time I see a Ford Mustang, Mom, I think of you. I will bring a model of one to put on your headstone, when I visit it this year. You were the best, Mom.
(That was the only wild thing I did, Mom; well except for that '75 Spring Break trip to Padre Island and Matamoros and that's another blog. Luuuv and miss you Mom!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment