"I"=me, "You"=my husband
I know you are sick. I was too. Thanks for finally telling me.
Now that your germs are permanent residents.
I tell him, If you keep telling yourself it's something else, like
when you said "it's just nerves", it's not. You've got it.
So drink your liquids and take your Tylenol.
Mom is here.
You will feel better in the morning. Maybe.
It might feel like you're on a roller coaster when
you make any moves, but believe me you'll live.
You're fever will burn up your brain.
Drink the cool water.
Eat the toast and it will settle your turbulent stomach.
NO? drink some soup!
He turns over and sleeps;
he's so sick he doesn't even know it.
Every time I walk into our bedroom a wave of his sickness engulfs me.
I breathe out the bad air. OUT OUT OUT!
Doesn't help, a chill creeps in.
I'm sick again. This time I know how to stay strong.
So I double up on cures and bounce back,
and listen to Nancy Grace. She's never sick...
The Turkish Whirling Dervish
0 comments:
Post a Comment