I have had the pleasure of watching a Momma Robin take care of one of her chicks this spring. I think he flew the nest too soon. I felt guilty that I hadn't rescued him until I saw him with her. He walked on the ground and she hovered protectively, he was tiny. He grew and found flying wasn't an easy task to learn, lots of walking with Mom until the wings were bigger. He is flying easily now, she still is feeding worms, seeds, and protecting him from neighbor cats. That (beautiful)Calico cat has kept his distant from our yards, since we got our pups. I see the young Robin alone once in awhile and happier when she appears next to him.
She might have had more, I see another young chick flys with them sometimes. They all sing like their mother.
(HE might be a SHE, who knows?;)
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
I told you not to fly yet!
Posted by mrsmoss at 6/03/2009 12:00:00 PM
Labels: birds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment