A trucker came in to the cafe, before stopping in Minneapolis. His home is on the way, in 3 hours. He seemed so happy to say that.
His mother-in-law is the best cook.
I have two children who go to their Dad's for the holidays, but not mine. I feel like I failed in the homeyness department. Except that I am the first one they call in emergencies. I guess I am the one they can depend on.
My Dad, an Air Force Tech. Sargent, left on Christmas Eve to spend(work) his holidays in Vietnam. He must have been thinking about home for a very long time until he returned 8 months later.
I am thinking about where my home is now. Is it Nevada or Ellington MO. ? Is it where the heart is? I feel it has been right here. Where I am now.
His mother-in-law is the best cook.
I have two children who go to their Dad's for the holidays, but not mine. I feel like I failed in the homeyness department. Except that I am the first one they call in emergencies. I guess I am the one they can depend on.
My Dad, an Air Force Tech. Sargent, left on Christmas Eve to spend(work) his holidays in Vietnam. He must have been thinking about home for a very long time until he returned 8 months later.
I am thinking about where my home is now. Is it Nevada or Ellington MO. ? Is it where the heart is? I feel it has been right here. Where I am now.
2 comments:
Home is where my house is. Being an Air Force brat myself, I've very few roots.
I did not know that. Good to know Hartman! :)
Post a Comment